Translate

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Friend Friday with Chameleon - Take 2!


Hello and welcome to our 2nd Friend Friday post with Chameleon!

We did a little product swap, we get to play with some of their fabulous markers, they get to play with some of our fabulous stamps and YOU get to delight in the creativity that resulted from this magical combination! But wait, there's more! Awesome prizes are up for grabs so you'll want to be sure to comment on all the posts each Friday in July!

If you missed our first Friend Friday post, click here so you can see all the wonderful things you missed and get your chance to get in on our prize that is up for grabs! Winners will be announced at the end of this month...just in time for our NEW RELEASE!

First up today is Maureen using our Pretty Posies with Be stamps and Chameleon's Nature Tones

"Chameleon pens made it easy to color these Pretty Posies quickly and easily. The Nature Tones are perfect for coloring leaves and flowers. I've always struggled with coloring mediums, but no more! I can't believe that variation of color you get with just one marker. I used the markers in the simplest way possible, there was no blending here. Can you believe that?! WOW.

Once my images were colored, I added them to a white panel with foam tape and then layered that onto a white card base. The sentiment, from the Be stamp set, was added to the Scallop Tag using the Chalkboard technique. A scattering of sequins helped add flow to the overall design."

The scattered leaves and flowers die cut from Posies Fri-Dies are colored with GR1, GR2, GR4 and BR3. That fun little border element at the bottom of her card is a snippet of our Modern Petals set. 


I love the sentiment from Be embossed in white on our Scallop Tag Fri-Dies with a little chalkboard background thrown in for good measure :)

Next up is Nora using Pretty Posies and Chameleon Markers. She was so delighted with her 5 pack she received from Chameleon that she purchased more for her stash! Shh, don't tell her hubby *wink*


"This was my first card using the Chameleon Pens paired with "Pretty Posies." I used a two color blend on the pink flower, using PK3 (Bubblegum) and PR4 (Purple Grape). On the blue flower, I blended BL3 (Sky Blue) and BL6 (Royal Blue) together. I used only one marker-GR3 (Grass Green) to get the ombre effect on my leaves. I think it is cool with only one marker you can get so much color variation depending on how much blending fluid you used!!"


She had so much fun that she created a second project too! She used the same marker set with our Mon Ami for this one.



"On my second card, I think the two color blend worked out even better for the flowers. I combined Y12 (Summer Sun) with YO3 (Warm Sunset) for my blend. I love that I only had to use two pens to get the varigation that I wanted for the flowers. For the leaf, I used YG13 (Spring Meadow). To add a little shine, I covered the three colored elements with a sparkle marker."

Leave a comment here answering the following question for your chance to win our $25 gift code to www.cas-ualfridaysstamps.com

What is your favorite color combination for cardmaking?

and then click HERE to visit Chameleon to see what they've created and get your chance at their prize too!



I hope you find some time to get your ink on today :)



15 comments:

  1. My favorite color combo, I would like to say green and blue, but some how, I always end up with purple and pink, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Love the flowers and leaves! Awesome coloring!
    I like using aqua and green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love purple and pink, but I've been trying to use other colours more, such as yellow. But this year, I've been using a lot of rainbow colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, this is hard cuz I LOVE lots of color combinations. But, I guess my fave would be turquoise or aqua with purples. These are my fave colors so I will go with these. Happy coloring everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite color combination is light teal with poppy red. All of the cards are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I have so many favorite color combos. *sigh*
    One would be Purple with sage green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards! My all time favorite color combo is rainbow!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my such stunning designs! My favorite color combo is the purple with light turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects--really do love that posie stamp set! I don't think I have a favorite color combo, but I do love pink with just about anything & blue/green I use a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty cards! Love the colors! One of my favorite combos is orange and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Mo and Nora! I continue to be curious about these fun looking Chameleon markers....they may be just what I need. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know that I have a favorite combination.
    I do try to avoid using pinks or yellows for
    the base of my card - neither are favorites
    of mine. My favorite color for a base seems
    to be blue. Use greens and reds too. I
    usually have some kind of a scene
    or design for the card so I have to follow
    the pattern to decide what colors to use.
    thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty coloring and I like the chalkboard sentiment on the first one. My favorite color combo is pink and brown.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards! My favorite color combo is blues and pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Beautiful cards!!! My favorite color combo is yellow and pink or orange!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!