Translate

Monday, April 15, 2013

April Sneak Peeks Day 1

Welcome to Day 1 of CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 
April
Sneak Peek Week!!

I'm so glad you're here to join the party!
We have 3 fantastic sets debuting this month! 

The Girl Friday Ink Squad will bring you inspiration from a new set each day this week.
They are all 4 x 6, packed with fun
and will be available on April 18th!

You will have so much fun with this first set!
It has fun background strips, and lots of interchangeable encouraging sentiments.
Today we introduce...
Stop


I'm loving the fun way Girl Friday Virginia stamped the stop sign
in mulitple colors. Those sequins are scrumptious!


How cool is this chalkboard card?!
I love how she stamped the border strip and notched it out at the ends to add her twine

Girl Friday Lynn has created a card 2 ways.
The border strips stamped partially onto the edges are gorgeous!
She added sentiments from Calm and Gentle which fit beautifully.
I think the pattern strip on the side of this first one is really pretty!

On this second one, she kept it simpler by adding just a simple color strip on the side.
Both are beautiful and it's fun to see such a simple element change can alter the look!

Girl Friday Karen created a one layer beauty!  
The border strip looks lovely in white, 
and the jute twine adds a touch of cozy warmth.


This one from Girl Friday Piali is fabulous!
I love the fun splatters in the background, and how the colors repeat in her sign!
The border strip looks great as little pattern pop on the side.

Girl Friday Laurie has created a card that you need to remember!
Simply stamp the sentiments in staggered lengths, 
then add a sentiment...any sentiment!
What a fabulous look!




Girl Friday Kelly created a linoleum floor pattern!
How fun!!  
She simply stamped the stop sign shape repeatedly and colored in the 
square that was created. Really makes a fun background pattern!

Look how she stamped the background strip on this one...it looks like tire tread!

And this is just darling!  I love how she stamped the corners onto the stop sign shape
and created a fun baseball!  

Lastly, she created a dream catcher!
The chevrons from Rad fit wonderfully inside,
and I think this card is dreamy to the max!


Girl Friday Dana got creative with her use of border strips.
They look amazing together!!
I really like the bit of whimsy that her delicious bow brings to this otherwise very graphic card.

I love how she stamped her own background using 2 of the border strips.
This is one of my most favorite stamping techniques because you can create your own custom look!  



What a fun way to start this week!
Would a prize make it even more fun?
I think so!!
I'll be giving away a $20 Gift Certificate from each sneak peek day 
to a random comment.

All you have to do is leave a comment right here on this post
answering the following question...
Are you a cardmaker, a scrapbooker, or both?

I'll announce all the winners on Thursday :)

We'll be back tomorrow with another exciting set to show you.
Same time, same place!




73 comments:

  1. Once again you have some great sneak peaks - can't wait for release day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are great! I'm a cardmaker and a scrapbooker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this set, so cute. I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this set because I'm a cardmaker

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am both a cardmaker and scrapbooker. These stamps are awesome! I look forward to seeing the rest of the new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the borders and the sentiments.. all your sets are always so versatile. I have never made a layout.. just cards on occasions, but scrapbooking is something that I am really looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both...started with scrapbooking, discovered stamping and card making a few years later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this set! I am both a scrapbooker and card maker : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Card maker all the way! I love the quick results from making a simple card. Awesome peeks today everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I scrapbook and make cards. For me, they go hand in hand. This is a great stamp set. I'm looking forward to the rest. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow fabulous cards by the Girls Friday! So many great inspirations. I 80 percent card maker and 20 percent scrapbooker.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am strictly a card maker. I have to say, Lynn's card drew me over to check out all the samples. Looks like a fun set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cards by the Girls! I'm a card maker who dabbles in altered projects and scrapbooking once in a while! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow FABULOUS inspiration... love it all...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Incredible cards by the Ink Squad! I started out as a scrapbooker but then one day I made a card, and I've been making cards ever since! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOOOVE this set. I'm a card-maker. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Right now I am just a card maker, but I have ordered some photos from Shutterfly and hope to start scrapbooking soon as well. I really like that octagon shape and the decorative elements in this set as well - so many creative possibilities!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such creative ideas with this cute set - LOVE. I am both a card maker and scrapbooker but I do cards more often - less time spent to get my creative fix!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards.....I would love to have that "stop" sign stamp!!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely creative cards!
    I am mostly a cardmaker, with a little bit of scrapbooking thrown in.
    Thanks for the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am mostly a card maker. I also like to make mini albums and 3D projects.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a card maker...love making cards!!! I scrapbook occasionally! Love the stamp set...I see so many cool cards in my future! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Started with scrapping, moved onto cards. I'm really intrigued with these new stamps your releasing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. While I started with scrapbooking, I found I loved making hand made cards. Can't wait to see what each set is!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm a cardmaker. I keep meaning to do a scrapbook of my son's baby pictures, but haven't gotten around to it. Bit overwhelming (22 years of photos by now). Cards are fun little projects that I can tackle in a day. Love the diversity of all these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  26. GREAT sentiments on the set!
    Cardmaker..reluctant scrapbooker

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun set! Loving the sentiments and the versatility of the octagon! I do both cards and layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous inspiration from the designers today! I am a cardmaker. I tried scrapbooking but it's just not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the DT samples!!!
    I am a cardmaker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am a cardmaker so I loved all the samples shown today. Thanks for all the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have not become more of a card maker but I started off as a scrapbooker and still like to record memories that way.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this set of stamps! I'm now very familiar with the STOP sign in the US - but I can see this working for lots of cards.

    Do you know whether this coordinates with the Spellbinder Octagon dies?

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am most certainly a card maker. Scrapbooking is on my "someday" list though. Loving this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my gosh! These are so much fun! After looking at each DT card, I thought...wow, that's my favorite. Then I would move on to the next and have the exact same thought!

    I'm a cardmaker at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous cards and very versatile stamps. I am mainly a cardmaker but I dabble in scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovin the sneek peek today...I'm a scrapbooker who spends most of her creative time making cards!

    ReplyDelete
  37. mostly cards, and the occasional mini album - but I also do a lot creative work daily in my personal diary/journal using stamps. LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazing cards, can"t wait to see the full reveal! I am a cardmaker all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This set looks AWESOME, and I LOVE the DT's samples---SO CLEVER!!! I'm strictly a cardmaker these days, and I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. wow! Loving all of the creative ways that stop sign was used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and i am both! love cards and scrapbooking!

      Delete
  41. I started out making cards but now I definitely make cards and scrap pretty much equally. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love this set!!!! I am mostly a card maker....but someday I'll get back into scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the sentiment "Don't Stop Believing"! I am a card maker who sometimes goes back and scrapbooks 3 - 5 years behind the current date, hoping to one day catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. too cute!
    i like to think i'm both, but if i had to pick one over the other it would be card making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. 80% cardmaker, 20% scrapbooker :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am a card maker and digital scrapbooker

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'd like to say I'm both but seem to be making more cards lately. One day I'll find the time to play catch up on all the scrapbooking I have planned

    ReplyDelete
  48. Fantastic cards! I am a cardmaker considering what I need to be a scrapbooker! These cards are gorgeous. I can't wait to see the sets!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great cards ! I am a cardmaker - love brightening someone's day with a special card !

    ReplyDelete
  50. Fabulous cards!! Love the stamps and the sentiments! I'm more of a card maker than a scrapper but I do a bunch of layouts for room signs for teams from our town that go to an international creative problem solving competition! Gives them a great title page for their scrapbooks from the event.
    Thanks so much for the chance to win!
    Sue Brailey

    ReplyDelete
  51. Looks like a great set! I'm a cardmaker!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I'm a card maker but I do Project Life too

    ReplyDelete
  53. This is set looks funny!

    I am a card maker!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love all the sample cards, the new set is so versatile. I'm a cardmaker, but when I go on trips I do some scrapbooking. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  55. This set is just brilliant, I adore the stop sign. All of the samples are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great inspiration! I am a cardmaker, but does a few layouts each year.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I made about one dozen scrapbook pages several years ago. But, I am definitely a cardmaker and never tire of making them!! So many new products and techniques - one could never get bored!!! Love the cards from the design team and the new stamps look great!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I am a card maker


    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  59. SO much fun! The sayings are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I started as a scrap booker (years ago) but am now a card maker. I'd like to get back into scrapbooking but time and lack of space to spread out keeps me making cards!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Definitely a cardmaker! (Love this sneak peek and all the different ways the DT used the borders to create unique designs.)

    ReplyDelete
  62. What fun cards! The dream catcher card is amazing!!! I am a card maker!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I am a card maker. The only time I scrapbook is when I've been on vacation and I want to keep the photos handy.
    I love your stamp sets. I'll be on the lookout for them. You get so many different designs with one set.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I started out as a scrapbooker but then when I went back to school, all crafting was put on hold. Now, I rarely scrapbook and just make cards as the crafting time is very limited.

    ReplyDelete
  65. So looking forward to seeing the complete sets tomorrow!!! I'm mostly a card maker but trying to get started with scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  66. cards and other crafts but i wish i had an occasion to try scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!